Monday, January 23, 2012

Advice Needed: Nail Art

Hey everyone, I need a bit of advice, particularly those who have had a manicure before.

I've bitten my nails ever since I was a little kid, awful habit I know, and I am finally getting over it. Unfortunately my nails have become different shapes over the years, with some sides of the nail instead of growing straight, grow on an angle outwards, and with the tops of the nail being alternately straight across or curved. So my questions is that if I start going getting like a manicure, and get my nails shaped, can they, and will they all end up being the same shape?







I really want to start doing some creative stuff with my nails like above so if any of you can help with answering my question it will be much appreciated!


Follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter

10 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful nailart. I wish I could do such things on my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I would love to do something like this to my nails but I feel like I would just mess up! :D

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - if you keep with it long enough your nails should even out :) I get gel nails done sometimes because I play guitar and need them strong but still flexible. Acrylics are the worst... But either way, the best thing is to get them strong again! Seriously, eat a handful of nuts a day and you'll notice a difference in a week!!

    I actually found you via your comment on Harper & Harley and the Tony Bianco shoes - glad I stopped by your blog :) I just blogged some of their new Alicante heels in blue suede... mmm suede :) Hehe

    Much love, Morgan x

    mojomade.blogspot.com
    JEWELRY giveaway on now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it depends on whether you just have them do your real nails or if you get acrylic nails put on. I've only had two manicures in my life, both times I got acrylic done, and both times I seriously regretted it! It messed up my nails so bad that they broke at the tiniest tug or bump for months after I got them off. The acetone used to remove the acrylic does an incredible amount of damage to your real nails - think about it, it's basically an acid that's eating away the acrylic! Obviously it's going to do damage to your real nails underneath.

    I'd say go for it, as long as you avoid acrylic nails and just have them shape your real nails! You could probably even just have them get them to the right shape, then maintain yourself, at least for a while. Good luck! :)

    <3
    -Jennifer
    frayed-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love all this nail art, it's amazing *_*!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all nail art are great.gorgeous!!

    http://umi-fashionstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and they make my day! I'll try to get back to you when I can