Saturday, May 26, 2012

Lisbeth Salander Inspired...

I absolutely loved the english version of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and thought Rooney Mara was amazing as Lisbeth Salander. I really admired her grungy style and thought her shark tooth ring was the coolest thing ever and since seeing the movie I've been wanting one, yet finally today I was able to find the supplies to make my own. You can semi see the ring in the above image, I wasn't able to find a close up.
1. I had a ring with a flat top, my shark tooth, and a pendant with a hole in the centre for the shark tooth to fit into. All I had to do was cut off the top of the pendant so it would no longer be for a necklace.
2. I next used a nail file to file down the sides and the base of the shark tooth so it would fit inside the pendant and sit flat on the ring.
3. I used super glue to stick the sides of the tooth to the pendant and waited for that to dry before I stuck the whole thing to the ring.
4. I finally stuck the shark tooth and pendant to the ring. I'm now going to put some solder inside the pendant to fill up the empty space and to also keep the shark tooth even more firmly in place. (I just need my dad to help me, he's the one with the tools :P)

I am so happy with how it looks and excited to wear it out, I just hope I don't stab myself, or someone else, with it!

xx

INSTAGRAM: jaegerw
Follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter and Tumblr
Like me on Facebook

10 comments:

  1. So cool !!!! Doesn't even looks like you just made it !!

    Love it !!

    www.universeandyou.com.br

    xoxo from Japan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That a very nice DIY

    Giveaway in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration pictures!

    www.sofiescloset.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! It's cute!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspirational! I enjoy seeing DIY posts. Yes, please be careful with that ring lol

    Best Regards,
    STYLE. SAVVY. CHIC!
    http://www.stylesavvychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this DIY, looks super good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool ring!!!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Kisses from Italy

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is very interesting. I'll follow you

    www.onlyforfashionvictim.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and they make my day! I'll try to get back to you when I can