Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Beauty Products

 I mentioned a few posts back that I wanted to do a post on my beauty products and since I have a routine kind of down I thought I'd talk about what I use all the time. In the above photo is my small collection of brushes, most of them are from the Manicare Artiste Collection, their smaller brushes are good but I find that the larger ones tend to shed a bit. But I'll continue to buy these brushes as they are quite reasonably priced for me.
 This is a picture of the mascara's and eyeliners that I use. The green tube is a mascara that I've just gotten today from Revlon so I am yet to try it, I usually use the Rimmel mascara which is in the blue tube I found that it gave my eyelashes a lot of volume but tended to clump them together. The liquid eyeliner I use is on the far right and it has a really nice colour and application. I usually use a Revlon eyeliner pencil, yet since it's getting a bit small I've just bought a Revlon crayon, I had a quick test of it today and it is amazing, a great dark colour and stays on the inner rim of my eye well. I sometimes use a coloured eyeliner like white or gold to highlight the inner part of my eye close to the bridge of my nose (I don't know what it's called) the gold is from Napoleon Perdis and the white is by Chi Chi, and both apply really well.
 I've just started testing an omSHE pure magic primer to see if it had anny effect on my make up lasting throughout the day, I haven't really noticed much of a change but it is the nicest thing to put on my skin, it is so soft and doesn't even feel like a cream. I use a MAC concealer which has been quite decent, but needs to be layered quite a bit before it has a big effect covering up dark circles under my eyes. I just got fitted with a Revlon foundation and it has been working really well so far, I only need a small amount to cover my face, if I use too much it only makes my face look cakey.
 I occasionally use a MAC bronzer which is amazing and natural. The main eyeshadow I use is from Sportsgirl, it is not very pigmented so it doesn't give a full coverage when I want it, but it is really nice if you want a subtle look throughout the day. I use a Napoleon Perdis finishing power sometimes but combined with my foundation it makes me look too overly powdered, I think I need to start using a brush or change the sponge applicator. My blush is from Nutrimetics and I really love the colour, it gives me a nice natural look.
For make up remover I use the brand Face of Australia which has been working so much better than these wipes I used to use. For a brush cleaner I use the one produced for my brushes, it works decently, but my goodness it smells so strong, definately use in a ventilated area!!

Let me know in the comments what your favourite make up brands are and what your favourite product is! I'm always looking to try new products to find the perfect ones!

xx


INSTAGRAM: jaegerw
Follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter and Tumblr
Like me on Facebook

26 comments:

  1. I, too, can't live without my brushes--they make all the difference...love the shark tooth ring!

    -Lauren
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont use so much product but i love the variety. I need to invest a brush cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics!Do you want to follow each other? :D
    Loads of kisses.
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    http://www.mysticlipstick.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Nice Blog *-*
    Followe me too if you like!

    https://www.facebook.com/RedHeadFashionShooting
    http://redheadfashionshooting.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm a confessed MAC addict. Their advantage is the fact they run their own store in every large shopping mall here, and the make up artists are all kind and attentive. Other brands are locally sold in one big pharmacy and it's hard to know what's what because the salesperson is always kinda .. clueless? or too pushy.

    But my favorite beauty product would be Flora by Gucci perfume. Forget the makeup, if you smell good people will forgive a dull complexion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that revlon make upr!!

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loveeeeeeee mac!

    nice blog btw, i would love if you could also take a look at my blog :)

    Figure of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  10. does brush cleaner really work? i usualy just get new brushes after a while..


    Stop by to see my new weekly DIY's
    www.ravenamaru.blogspot.com
    (I follow back!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does but, its not strong enough i think, because with my foundation brush i always find that there is still foundation on it

      Delete
  11. Nice Blogpost, keep up the good work! :)

    Currently I'm doing a Survey on my Blog, I would love if you could answer a few things.
    Visit my Blog!
    Visit my Blog!
    Visit my Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to use Rimmel mascara as well! I've now switched to Diorshow though. Love putting silver in the corners of the eyes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use pretty much Mac for my makeup! They have great brushes too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mac is my love)))

    http://www.lazyheelsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i loveee revlon photoready!

    xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i use revlon too!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mac is really beautiful - from time to time offering a Mac Giveaway on my blog... hope you like it!

    CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN GIVEAWAY & LANCOME Cosmetics Giveaway

    Van - PureGlam.tv / Bloglovin / Facebook / Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got such lovely things! Enjoy using them up ;)

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice!

    i would love for you to come check out my blog as well I just posted a new outfit post!

    Figure of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  20. We like these brands and your brush, we love it!


    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    ♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    ♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice product!

    www.theitaliansmoothie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh I really have to invest in a good brush cleaner! It's the only thing missing from my makeup collection!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

    ♡j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and they make my day! I'll try to get back to you when I can