Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kenzo Inspired

 I'll admit that I was one of the several people who were growing sick of seeing the infamous Kenzo tiger jumper on every streetstyle blog, and that when I saw this interpretation of the jumper in Bardot I initially condemmed it for quite blatantly copying the Kenzo design. 
However when curiosity took over and I dragged it into a changeroom with a pair of leather shorts, I found that the colour suited me and was nothing like I had in my closet, that the design actually looked really funky, and then I started envisioning outfits and all of a sudden the credit card was swiping through the machine.
So do I feel bad that I have bought an item that is basically a rip off of a big brands' ideas? Honestly, no. While I do find it disconcerting that some smaller street labels do at times outright take a high end brands' design, slightly change the motif or colours and call it something different, it is these same labels that I as a student with a small amount of money in my savings account from working two jobs depend on for allowing me to emulate the high fashion look for a fraction of the price tag. Let me know your opinions on the issue in the comments!
 I am now counting the days until winter when I can finally whip this baby out of my closet and onto my body. Here I have paired it with an old Esprit white button down, silver chain necklace from Diva, studded ankle boots from Zu, and black jeggings (please don't shun me, they do actually look like jeans, just tighter) from Sportsgirl.
 Some inspiration for how I want to wear it when winter finally arrives!



Hope you're all having a great week!

xx

INSTAGRAM: jaegerw
Follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter and Tumblr
Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. great post!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzo is great inspiration to have.

    How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and they make my day! I'll try to get back to you when I can