Saturday, December 7, 2013

Shopping in Paris


So I went a bit nuts the last few days here in Paris and have nearly spent half of my Europe money, whoops... 
But I have had so much fun going to all the stores that I have ben dreaming about for so long. The major shops that I went to were Zara, H&M, Forever 21, Mango, Topshop and American Apparel. I also went to a couple of random stores but I found they were too out of my price range, although I don't mind spending a bit of money on quality items, I also need to make my money last me. 
Zara and Topshop were my absolute favourite stores. I loved the quality and city chic style of Zara and Topshop was just amazing with their quirky pieces, there was this mermaid sequin skirt that was so cool but not practical to cart around for a month and a half, so hopefully I can find one when I go to the massive Topshop in London.
American Apparel was very cool for basic pieces but I felt that it was really overpriced.
Forever 21 and H&M I found to be quite cheap and generic, I felt that I could find the same mass produced stuff back at home, and Mango was a bit too old I thought.
Some of the locations I went shopping at were Galeries Lafayette, Rue Saint Honore and the Champs Elysees. Galeries Lafayette was incredibly busy and so beautifully decorated for Christmas, it is like a department store, a very expensive one, but on the second level it had some cheaper stores like Topshop, Urban Outfitters, and Zara. On Rue Saint Honore I felt very under dressed as I walked along probably one of the most expensive shopping strips in the world. Passing Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Burberry all the while in my converse shoes, distressed jeans and puffer jacket wasn't the best... The Champs Elysees was hyped up to me by my father as one of the most famous shopping strips in the world because it is 2 miles long, however I found it only to be average, with only a couple of great stores interspersed among either really expensive or really random product stores that didn't seem to fit. 




I've bought from Zara a leather jacket, fur scarf, winter coat, black jeans, and a marble effect skirt. From H&M I bought a green snood. At Topshop I bought a black and white top and purple cigarette pants. And at American Apparel I bought a grey beanie.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and they make my day! I'll try to get back to you when I can