Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Louvre

On Monday my family and I spent the day at the Louvre which was absolutely amazing. Being surrounded by such stunning artwork and being inside such a massive and spectacularly designed building was unbelievable. We walked around there for hours and hours and yet probably only discovered a sixth of the building and pieces.
I loved visiting the Mona Lisa, finding the experience humbling as I stood in front of this incredible painting that is thousands of years old and having her eyes follow me around the room. l also really enjoyed visiting Napoleons apartment as it was so extravagant and over the top, I was very impressed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Louvre! I've only visited once but it really left an impression. It was odd I found myself taking more pictures of the rooms and details rather than the "actual art"... Did you have to fight your way to the front of a crowd to get that picture with the Mona Lisa?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and they make my day! I'll try to get back to you when I can